Athens time

Sunday 6 May 2012

Woodpecker Sunday

Yesterday I admired Jackie's photo she made of a beautiful woodpecker (click through HERE to see it) So this grey and rainy morning in the park, I set out to find our local variety, the green woodpecker. It took a while to follow the call and roffle sounds but I managed to sneak up on it.... Isn't it a beauty? I used Picmonkey for the first time after having seen several blog posts about it. And boy, it's a great site, so easy to use as of course the woodpecker was a little further away than that! (like speck in the tree far away !) Have a great Sunday everyone. PS first post with the new blogger system. Seem to have managed but does anyone know how you get paragraphs in? Return button (which you could use of old) doesn't work....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!! How cool is that? Who knew that you would see and photograph one as well? Love the green feathers on him. Isn't nature the best!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Very gorgeous. I love a good bit of bird spotting and you and Jackie have found beauties. xo

Jo said...

Is there no end to your talents.... the bird is beautiful. We sometimes get woodpeckers in our garden, but seem so far away I never bother trying to photograph them..maybe I should check out 'picmonkey'.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Lovely!

I don't have any problems on my Mac, sorry I can't help xxx