Athens time

Monday 17 January 2011

If I don't get back to you....

You know how life can take over? How suddenly you have committed yourself to do this that and the other (sewing or otherwise..) and run out of time?

Well... I have realized that I need a 48 hr day at least to keep up with everything I am supposed to be doing. Main reason is that I have just started a daytime course, with lots and lots of reading, researching and assignments to be done and given in. This by itself would mean that I have no time for anything else.

Then there is the sewing of course, lots of commitments there and I do not want to disappoint my fellow bee members or my PIF followers who are still waiting for their surprise (hold on guys... it IS coming but I have to apply for an extension there, just hold on a bit till summer when the course is over...). I DID apply for DQS10 and got, but I reckoned I would need a little relaxation inbetween all the studying and that would be just the ticket.

I have won and been given lovely prizes and gifts. Patterns I want to make, kits I would like to make up and show the generous giver what I have done with it, programs to learn..

I would like to answer at length everyone who sends me a comment or email, I would like to comment on each and every blog I am following and where I see something that interests me and want to say.. 'hey, this is great!'. To try and keep up with this, I have (sort of)kept up with the posts in my reader... scrolling through most, clicking on those of special interest where I want to answer, comment or simply print out some inspirational photos. These then open in a new tab.. I have left all the tabs open.. "for when I get time..." and the amount of tabs grew and grew... Every time the computer is switched off, there is an option to 'restore' and get all my open tabs back.

However... this morning.... nothing!! no tabs... no restore... All my tabs gone... It's as if you have a whole pile of important papers on your desk and someone threw them out of the window in a raging storm. Nothing left, nope, nada.. It is an enforced (ruthless..) clear out and I am already starting to fill up a new line of tabs..

So if you know I read your blog, and I suddenly stop commenting... or I do not answer you... please let me know. It is not personal, I am not snubbing you, I simply cannot keep up..

I have had to prioritize, and radically. The most important time consuming task at the moment is my course. I hope to have completed this by summer when my time is going to be more my own again. As it is, it's nose in the books, and a little sewing on the side. Internet will have to take second seat for a bit.

I am therefore not going to keep up with all your lovely blogs till summer... I will only see all these lovely things and get wonderful ideas I don't have time for!! I will comment here and there, and try to answer mails, but again... If you don't hear, it's me disecting some grammar, not you!

I hope you'll all bear with me. I won't be absent, but semi absent, and try to curb my natural desire to connect with you all.

So if I don't get back to you.... don't fret and please remind me!

Thanks friends, wish me luck !

18 comments:

Cat said...

((Hugs)) thinking of you xxx see you in your summer LOL OR 2012 *woot woot woot* I'm getting excited!

myBearpaw said...

I completely understand Marg. You are the most generous commenter I know and always write such long, lovely replies to anything I send you. We will still keep in touch (and I know you will still be active on DQS as we HAVE to be, or Big Mama will get cross, lol!), but I will completely understand if you don't comment on my blog for a while. And don't even bother replying to this comment (I mean it, not one word!). You need to take care of yourself first! xx

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

I do wish you luck Marg, and my thoughts are with you from the other side of the world! xo

Kate said...

I should be the one apologising. I have been meaning to reply to your last email. I totally understand how life gets so busy. I feel the same about commenting on other's site.

Hope things are going well with your course. You're doing what you're meant to be doing at this time. Blogging and sewing stuff can wait and we'll still all be here. xx

quilthexle said...

Oh Marg, of course we will miss you and your wonderful comments - but I guess everybody will understand that you have to have priorities. That course sounds like a great dooropener - if and when you finish it. So, my prior wish for you would be: Go, get that class done - than I'll be glad to see you back !! Give Rafael a hug and now, get your nose into those grammar books ;-))
Keeping my fingers crossed for you, see you in summer !

Julie said...

Take care of yourself and don't feel bad about not replying or commenting on blogs. It's completely understood why and much more important that you use your non-study time to relax with sewing or walking Rafael or whatever you need to do! Juliex

Molly said...

Good luck with your class Marg! I hope it's interesting and you are enjoying it. I think everyone goes through times when you are just too busy to keep up with a hobby. Over the holidays I had just clear my reader a few times because I realized I'd never be able to keep up and felt a little guilt over not sewing. I have to tell myself that you can't get behind on a hobby!

Unknown said...

Keep sane with the sewing - study hard and get the class completed with merit and come visit us on our blogs when you need to 'CHILL'
Take care - we will here from you when you need to vent

Terrie Sandelin said...

Good luck with your class! You sound like a busy camper and we all know how that goes!

Kate said...

I think it's great that you are doing a course with lots of research. It's impossible to keep up with all the lovely blogs out there, I hope you enjoy your course and your time out

Kate x

Jo said...

Wow Marg, you certainly test yourself, but just take it easy, enjoy your course and take a break occasionally ..... Good luck and stop worrying about us.

Liz said...

Enjoy the class, take the pressure off, have fun and give yourself star......
Talk when you can..
Lizzie
xxx

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Enjoy your break and good luck with the class...There is no hiding that blogging takes up lots of valuable time...so do what you gotta do! :o)

Unknown said...

All the best Marg. Have fun with your study and everything els you are squeezing into the day.
Hugs, Sue

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Well you've more than "commented" for me after all the advice and support this weekend - Thank you for all of that - it really helped me feel less :-(

Lauranie said...

I know you will do well with your course girl...you have so much determination that you CANNOT fail! :) Enjoy your time...I'll be around! xo

Micki said...

Good luck with your class and hope to see you back commenting soon!
Micki

Evelyn said...

After dropping the ball myself SO MANY times now (and obviously still behind on my blog reading!), I just wanted to chime in to say I understand the feeling, and take it easy on yourself! Good luck with the course (though I'm sure you'll do fantastically, if your studies are anything like your quilting!). I'm sorry I've been out of touch, but maybe now that you're slowed down a bit, I'll have a better chance of keeping up. ;-)