Athens time

Friday 20 August 2010

Edinburgh.... and back to base!

Hello friends and readers!

A sign of life from me! I have not been blogging (as announced) but.. unexpectedly.. I have not been on flickr and email either!

I had some plans for this summer, none of which included spending the summer in Edinburgh! but circumstances change, and you have to go with the wind when they do..

Firstly Karen (Karen's Cosmos blog) missed her plane to Edinburgh and ended up stranded near London. Now she was due to come and visit later on, but we quickly changed plans and she and her 10 year old son, arrived on my doorstep late at night after a long and arduous journey. So plans changed and we travelled up to Edinburgh by car. I ended up staying longer than anticipated and Karen and I emptied the Edinburgh shops! She has a wonderful eye for colour and dress and found some gems for me to wear in the racks, which I then of course had to have!

I was very kindly invited to her son's wedding, but ended up returning home before the event. Again, change of circumstances and going with that wind... I was worried about my dog barking too much with the rest of Karen's family arriving (and being new to my excellent guarddog!) as well as changing beds to accomodate everyone and not sleeping well on the new mattress (I get migraines if the mattress is too soft) so rather than becoming a problem to Karen and outstaying my welcome (although she was very sweet saying I was welcome to stay) I decided she deserved to concentrate on the wedding without any added problems and now am back home.

I had a great time though but now have a list as long as my arm to catch up on! Apart from house and family, sewingwise I have to apologize to my DQS9 partner for being absent! No blogging over the summer must have been a bit bleak... sorry! I really needed that break.. Also apologies to my various bee partners... I am late with August.. September trickling in, and a quilt of my own to send out... I feel a sewing marathon coming on...

Consequently I will be blogging but not every day for the time being. I will also be on email again (which I was not over the summer) and answer you as normal but promised myself not to be on the computer more than half an hour at a time... I tended to get totally stuck surfing and it is eating to much into the time I need to do other things...

I have come back to thousands of blog posts on my google reader and 350 emails... Again, I will take it a bit at a time so if you have written and don't hear from me, please could you resend to the top of the list? It will be a while before I am straight again...

Last but not least thank you to all who wrote to wish me a relaxing break. It will be great to re-connect.

Off to send out envelopes and unpack those suitcases now... Looking forward to getting 'back into the groove'. I will leave you with some images from Edinburgh.


Edinburgh, a lovely view through one of the streets into the distance



Going down the steps to 'The Mound' to meet the girls..


Here they are! Jo (Bearpaw), Karen (Karen's Cosmos) 'The Chookie' herself,Lynz's lovely daughter(she deserves to be in the picture, she took everyone elses!), and Lynz herself (Domestic Light and Magic).


I also spotted Dr Who must be in town...


You never know where the wind blows you if you go with the flow....!!

13 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh welcome back Marguerite!! I took a double take at my google reader when I saw this post staring back at me. Sounds like you had a fab time up in Edinburgh, shopping and catching up with everyone. Isn't Lynz's daughter the cutest thing!

dolores said...

So all this time I thought you were at your boat you weren't?:)

Don't make yourself crazy trying to catch up with stuff...don't want to undo your rest!:)
xo

Susan said...

Welcome back! And don't stress about having to reply- just glad to know you had a great break! xo

Cat said...

Wahoooooo I'm so glad I am up late (almost 1am - oh dear I will be tired tomorrow) anyway woot woot woot you are back!
A MASSIVE BIG HUGE Thank You for the wonderful wee surprise that arrived for me in my mail box xxx Thank You so very very much!
Welcome Back
ps: where are the photos of you? LOL
Cat

Molly said...

Glad you're back! These pictures are just breathtaking! So glad you had a meet up with your quilting friends. Looks like an awesome time for all. Wish I was there :)

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Sooo good to have you back Marguerite, love the photo's, catch up soon xoxoxo

Mandy said...

Looks like such fun! Glad you're back!

myBearpaw said...

Glad to hear you are back safe and blogging again! It was so great to meet you (3 times!!), and I hope we get to do it again soon. That is a lovely pic of us 4, shame you're not in it! I hope you're wearing your gorgeous new Italian leather jacket and handbag every day!! Take it easy now, and be kind to yourself...

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Good to have you back and lovely to see the Edinburgh pics! XXX

Liz said...

Nice to have you back with us, catch up soon..
Lizzie
xxx

{Leila}Where the Orchids Grow said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had an amazing time, Edinburgh looks lovely!

x Leila

Lynz said...

Hello!!! You're early but it's lovely to see you active here again. That *is* a nice picture of us - I love how White I look. *g* What a vampire!

Don't go nuts catching up with everything, people can wait and fabric can't go out of date so take it easy!!

Three Dancing Magpies said...

I am smiling and so thrilled you had some girlfriend time! Love the Dr who shot and I am hoping that Scotland was great place to relax and just be for a bit! Can't wait to catch up and thanks so much for the parcel. Max wore his shirt today and was so proud of it! I didn't get a snap, but will next week when he wears it again!