Athens time

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Morning walk..

This morning Rafael and I were up before sunrise. We went out for a walk and saw the sun come up over the sea..


The windfarm being built out to sea (the largest in Europe) was lit up in a golden glow;

Soon, ink black clouds were gathering right overhead and we feared we might be walking into a downpour!


Luckily we were walking into the (cold!) NE wind and the nastiness was soon behind us;

There is a silver lining to the rain clouds... without them you would not get such a spectacular lightshow!


In no time we arrived at the next town, Broadstairs;


I love the way the sea leaves wavy patterns in the sand when the tide goes out..


and Rafael is just happy when he can go in the water... (is that a wave...? ruuuun......!!)


Then .. just as it seemed all blue skies and white clouds....


we got surprised by a very small squall and a lovely rainbow which appeared over the cliffs..


It reminded me that after any dark clouds you encounter, beautiful weather is bound to lie ahead.... ( a peak over the sea to Dover)


And what do you find at the end of the rainbow?


It seems to be the ramsgate ferry.... or isn't it ?......

I am so privileged to be able to experience this, it is absolutely magical and I wanted to share it with you. I hope you enjoyed it too.

14 comments:

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

We are privileged to come on your early morning walk with you and Rafael. Fabulous photo's Marg, I adore seeing where other people live. Can even see the white cliffs of Dover! xo

Lynz said...

what beautiful photos, Marg!! You couldn't be anywhere other than the English seaside, could you?

Unknown said...

Wow, this certainly is magical! Those photos are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing!

Molly said...

How beautiful! Thanks for making my early morning coffee time such a pleasure.

Catherine said...

Stunning photos Marguerite! Thanks for sharing your walk this morning. It's very picturesque where you live.

Dena said...

Beautiful photos. Makes me want to be there with you. Lovely. Thank you for sharing

dolores said...

Oooh...lovely photos Marg...thanks so much for sharing..I showed the pictures to Maria...you'll need to take her on that walk!:)

Great news...she found a room in a house with 4 other students!! Yipee!

Sylvie - Madame Créative said...

Thank you for sharing this moment with us!
I wish I lived near the sea!!!!!
I live near the forest instead. I should show some pictures too, as it is quite beautiful, and it was considered by Napoléon III as the most beautiful.

imquilternity said...

Marguerite! What gorgeous photos! We just don't experience weather like that here. Things move much more slowly and are not quite as dramatic. What a glorious walk you took. Now, I'm the one wishing I was there! LOL

~Laurie~ said...

Thank you so much for sharing these BEAUTIFUL pictures with us - I was able to escape for a few minutes - thank you!!

myBearpaw said...

What were you doing up so early?! Very pleased you are such an early riser so that we could share your lovely walk. Photos are amazing! Somehow Raphael looks like a tiny Highland cow when he is in the sea!
Thanks so much for this little oasis of calm and beauty.

Micki said...

The pics are lovely! They are all so petty!
Micki

Kate said...

what beautiful photographs, I love your coastline and I think I'd be happy to find a ferry to take me to far off lands at the end of a rainbow

Allie said...

Such beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing!